I bet some of my readers have been wondering what's taking me so long. Well, it's because I'm not doing so hot at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I haven't slipped in the way you may think. I haven't acted out in any sinful behavior that needs to go to the bishop - but it has been putting less important things first again and getting grouchy. Today I stayed in bed until almost noon laying there looking at Facebook on my phone or playing Candy Crush while my little ones watched Phineous and Ferb among whatever else downstairs, pouring hot cocoa mix all over the place, and when I got up I still couldn't tear myself away from the computer as I tried to do other things.
That's my slip. It's probably been going on longer then just today, but today it got really bad. Of course, it probably was worse because I didn't go to the meeting last night and instead went to Relief Society, which didn't do much for me but educate me a little on how to take good photographs and use Shutterfly for memory making. I should have gone to the meeting last night. I'm becoming consumed in my own selfishness.
So this is what I'm going to do. I need to renew priorities. Here is how. I am going to take Elder Nelson's advice and decide every day that I'm going to invest in the Lord first.
1. Every morning when I wake up I'm going to fall onto my knees in prayer and ask the Lord to help me to do His will that day.
2. I'm going to make my bed and think to myself "I'm not getting back in bed today."
3. I'm going to eat a good breakfast and get dressed.
4. I'm going to study a step or a scripture.
5. During the daily chores I will play a conference talk in the background for me to listen to. If I don't listen intently to the whole thing, I will play it again until I get it.
I did this last year pretty well and got to feeling so much better! When I start watching out for myself and doing only what I want to do I get really grumpy and I lose myself in media addictions and lose my worth and purpose. I have GOT to start to really serve my family in the way I should. I need to put them first always. I need to put the Lord even before them. Only then will I start to feel better.